We adopt dogs both locally (in the greater Houston area) and long distance (throughout the US and Canada) utilizing the United Airlines PetSafe® Program. Note: Long distance adopters must be located in a city to which there is a direct United Airlines flight from Houston, Texas.
Sharon Rode manages the local adoptions and Donna McRobert manages the long distance adoptions.
- The first step is to identify a dog(s) you are interested in:
- To view the full selection of our adoptable dogs, go to our Petfinder page, select "Dog" in the Animal drop down menu and click the Go button. While we endeavor to keep our animal listings as up-to-date as possible, adoptions can occur at any time so not all dogs listed may still be available.
- To find out more about a dog’s temperament send an email to Sharon Rode at email@example.com. Sharon may put you in touch with the dog’s foster family for further details and can also make an appointment for you to meet the dog in person.
- Once you have determined which dog(s) you want to adopt, you must complete our Dog Adoption Application and email it to Sharon Rode at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We will review your application and contact you to discuss your details further.
- If you rent your property, we will contact your landlord to determine the pet deposit requirements, any restrictions on the number or type of pets, and to verify if you have paid the deposit.
- If you are a local adopter, we will make arrangements to meet you and your family in person and see how you interact with the dog(s) you are interested in adopting.
- We will determine if your application is approved. If it is approved:
- You will be asked to complete our Pet Adoption Contract, Release and Indemnity Agreement.
- We will prepare the dog's vaccination paperwork and verify it is up to date on its vaccinations. For long distance adoptions, we will also have a local veterinarian produce a health certificate for the dog(s).
- We will collect your adoption fee (see Adoption Fee section below for details).
- For local adoptions, we will set a date and time for you to pick up your dog(s). For long distance adoptions, we will agree upon a flight date and time and provide you with detailed on instructions on how to collect your dog(s).
Dog Adoption Fees
Our local adoption fee is $300.00 per dog. This fee includes the dog's initial health exam (when initially rescued) its spay/neuter operation, microchip, current vaccinations, and heartworm test.
Our long distance adoption fee is $600.00 USD per dog. This fee includes the dog's initial health exam (when initially rescued) its spay/neuter operation, microchip, current vaccinations, heartworm test, shipping kennel, health certificate, United Airlines flight and required transport paperwork.
We accept payments by cash or check for local adoptions and utilize PayPal to collect long distance adoption fees.