1. The first step is to identify a cat(s) you are interested in meeting:
- A rotating selection of our cats are available for viewing at the Sugar Land Petco, located at 3326 Highway 6, Suite D, Sugar Land, Texas 77478. Click here to see a map of the Petco location.
- To view the full selection of our adoptable cats, go to our Petfinder page, select "Cat" in the Animal drop down menu and click the Go button. While we endeavor to keep our animal listings as up-to-date as possible, adoptions can occur at any time so not all cats listed may still be available.
- A volunteer is available on Sundays from 12:00 to 4:00 at the Sugar Land Petco store to assist you with meeting our cats in person. With prior arrangement, meetings can also be arranged for other days and times. We highly recommend you call us in advance of your visit to the store to ensure that the cat(s) you want to see are available. Please contact Sandy Fenicle at 832-647-0922.
2. Once you have determined which cat(s) you want to adopt, you must complete our Cat Adoption Application.
- Adoptions are officially conducted on Sundays at the Sugar Land Petco store from 12:00 to 4:00.
- You can complete the application in person at the store, or download the form here and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. We will review your application and contact you to discuss your details further.
4. If you rent your property, we will contact your landlord to determine the pet deposit requirements, any restrictions on the number or type of pets, and to verify if you have paid the deposit.
5. We will make arrangements to meet you and your family in person and see how you interact with the cat(s) you are interested in adopting.
6. We will determine if your application is approved. If it is approved:
- You will be asked to complete our Pet Adoption Contract, Release and Indemnity Agreement and our Adoption Commitment Form.
- We will prepare the cat's vaccination paperwork and verify it is up to date on its vaccinations.
- We will set a date and time for you to pick up your cat(s).
- We will collect your adoption fee (see Adoption Fee section below for details).
Cat Adoption Fee
Our adoption fee is $85.00 per cat. The fee includes the cat's initial health exam (when initially rescued) its spay/neuter operation, current vaccinations, FeLV (feline leukemia virus) and FIV (feline immunodeficiency virus) tests. We accept payments by cash or check.